PERFECT FOR FRESH, CRISP CIDERS
Fermentis SafCider™ AC-4 is the best cider yeast for an intensely fresh aromatic profile (apple, floral) with a crisp mouthfeel enhancing cider structure. Fast fermenter that maintains acidity. This cider yeast works at a wide temperature range between 10-30°C (50-86°F) with ideal temperatures between 18-24°C (64-75°F). Works at low pH from 3.3. Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen. Very good assimilation of fructose. Highly flocculant.
For sweet and dry ciders even under difficult fermentation conditions. Ideal to produce intensely fresh aromatic ciders (apple, floral) with a crisp mouthfeel.
SafCider™ AC-4 Characteristics:
- Temp Range: 50-86°F
- Taxonomy: Saccharomyces bayanus
- Aromas: Fresh apples, floral notes, with low banana/pear
- Mouthfeel: Crisp, high crispness, medium sweetness
- Malic Acid Consumption: Very Low – less than 0.4 g/L
- Max initial SO2: 75 mg/L
- Killer Factor: Killer
SafCider™ AC-4 can be directly pitched without rehydration. If you prefer to rehydrate, the instructions are below.
SafCider™ AC-4 Rehydration Procedure:
- Using a sanitized container collect a small amount of 95-105°F sterile water equal to 10 times the weight of the yeast. 10 ml/g of yeast.
- Optional: Add Go-Ferm Rehydration Nutrients. Rehydration with Go-Ferm is effective for helping the yeast survive the fermentation.
- Sprinkle yeast on water and let sit for 15 mins . Do not stir.
- After 15 mins stir to form “cream” and add to must/cider.